The current Trade Association members of PLS are as follows: the Association for Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP); the Independent Publishers Guild (IPG); the Publishers Association (PA); and the Professional Publishers Association (PPA).
Membership of PLS is open to all entities who:
- represent publisher rightholders of works in which copyright or like or similar rights subsist under the laws of countries or states which are contracting parties to the Berne Convention or the WIPO Copyright Treaty; and
- are a recognised trade association, properly established, registered and maintained as a body corporate under the laws of a member state of the European Union;
- are trading solvently and can be reasonably expected to continue to do so for at least 12 months;
- do not and will not whilst a member of the Society directly engage in the collection and/or distribution of monies from collective licensing; and
- meet such further eligibility criteria for membership as may from time to time be approved by the members and published on the Society’s website.
Applying for Membership
Any entity wishing to apply for membership of PLS should write to the PLS Board and supply evidence to support such application, including at least the following:
- A list of current publisher members with confirmation that they hold rights in copyright works;
- Evidence that the entity is a recognised trade association and a copy of its certificate of incorporation;
- A copy of the trade association’s latest annual accounts and a statement from its Board to confirm that the trade association expects to continue to trade solvently for at least the next 12 months and
- A statement from the Board that it does not, and will not whilst a member of PLS, if accepted as a member, directly engage in the collection and/or distribution of monies from collective licensing.
To apply for membership, please write to us enclosing the above information at:
PLS Board (c/o Chief Executive Sarah Faulder), Publishers' Licensing Services, 5th Floor, Shackleton House, 4 Battle Bridge Lane, LONDON SE1 2HX