To provide efficient and effective copyright and licensing solutions to support publishers in providing access to their content.
We aim to achieve our Vision:
Through collective licensing by:
- Facilitating access to the widest possible repertoire through the most appropriate licensing channels;
- Representing publishers’ interests in licensing the use of their works on a collective basis, both in the UK and overseas;
- Ensuring publishers are remunerated for the use of their publications;
- Maintaining publishers’ rights data to the highest standards;
- Distributing revenue generated from collective licensing regularly, diligently and accurately.
Through wider services by:
- Continuing to adapt to new technologies and to develop new services in response to publishers’ needs, whether economic or political, using our technical rights management framework (PLSe);
- Promoting a strong copyright framework and a better understanding and awareness of copyright amongst publishers.
At PLS, we uphold the following principles: